add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Sieg3n
  • 71 months ago

Hey guys, I threw together a quick PC build that I am interested in soon.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sieg3n/saved/VnpmP6

I am not going to put everything together until probably around September. My current budget is anything less than $2,000. Games I play are mainly Skyrim, WoW, Civilization and anything new and flashy.

I am wondering if this build will suffice for some good time. I am hoping not to have any issues (60+ FPS) with having my computer on max settings for all of these games.

I appreciate any suggestions or advice!

Cheers!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • If system is for gaming, you can cut costs by using i5 processor instead of i7.
  • Current mobos use Z97 chipset, just in case of future upgrades.
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i just cane here and it said 6 seconds ago.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I am going with the i5 instead. I am going to upgrade the MOBO as well.

I appreciate the help, man!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i don't understand why people don't just by a gaming computer instead of building one that costs a lot of money to. Okay now on your build. add an SSD in there for 60. if you really are going to get an i7 just get a 4790k. cpu cooler is a little too much. go with the 212 evo. instsead which is 30 less than that. SEMI MODULAR RULES. Nice displays. Case fans are cheaper just saying but for 20 bucks less who cares.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I should have specified. I already have two 40g SSDs for my OS and other games I would want.

Thanks for the CPU Cooler and CPU recommendations. I was thinking about liquid cooling but I have never used it before.

If you have any recommendations for gaming computers that come pre loaded I wouldn't mind it. I just do not like to buy retail for my computers.

Thanks.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah but like those people who build it for like 3000 and when it is not much better than just buying a computer. alienware has some good computer. pricey but good. and it looks sweet

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Try putting together the parts of an alienware pc in pcpartpicker and you will never suggest an alienware oc again.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

My thoughts exactly. That is why I am kind of anti Alienware. I am not saying it is junk but I am not paying that much extra for something that I know how to put together myself.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

true that.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Update, I added some of the gizmos I am stealing from my current computer which isn't much. I also wanted to buy a headset for better matches when I play arena.

I also cut the processor down to an i5, swapped out the cpu cooler.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

+1 Looks great now that I see you have made some changes based upon comments. Also, as said above, a single higher end card is better than 2 in crossfire.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube