add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need help with Motherboard decision

ElectedMeteor45
  • 71 months ago

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97guardpro I am thinking of getting this motherboard for my new gaming rig. Will it be suitable to game on? And will it be a reliable overclocker? Keep in mind I am from Australia. Any advice will be appreciated. :)

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I believe it should be fine! :D

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That model appears to be decent but VRM appears a little light for any serious stress.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Got any suggestions?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • It will depend on your budget and personal preferences.
  • Since prices and selection differs due to location, You can read up on the following about VRM: HARDWAREsecrets.
  • Quick way to cheat is to look at the chokes near the processor. More is generally better except possibly ASRock due to their past implementation on their Z77 Extreme4. If they did that on that model, one has to wonder how many other models they did that.
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube