add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Dam5968
  • 71 months ago

I hear that AMD is getting out of the highend cpu game. If this is true in order to future protect myself for upgrades what pc should I build? This is the second one (here is first, please look over and let me know what you think. http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Vv8dnQ ) and it is for my son to play minecraft and other not so intense games. If I go APU it would be a 10 series and intel would be an i5. Im leaning tward the APU because the cost would be less but know very little about the platform.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Question 1: Budget?

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Also it depends on if you want to get a dedicated GPU or not. If not, definitely the APU since that APU alone will handle all of today's games. The Intel HD graphics are known to be awful.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

$UNDER 700. THE LAST BUILD I DID WAS TO BE ONLY $750 IT WENT TO $900 FAST. I DO NOT WANT THAT HAPPENING AGAIN.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Under 700 can get you pretty good specs, I know one build I helped someone with (under $800) got a gtx 770 (near top of the line GPU) and an Intel core i5 processor. I believe if you knock the 770 down to maybe a gtx 750ti boost then it would be able to play all games at decent settings at good framerates and resolutions. I don't remember the thread so I can't post the exact build but with a $700 budget, intel + dedicated card is entirely possible.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 12 Compute Cores (4 CPU + 8 GPU) would be your best option. Might want to get a good cooler for it.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

I disagree. Don't get an A10. An i3 or preferably an i5.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

THANKS WOULD PUT THE CM 212 EVO ON IT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. I DIDNT KNOW I HAD 8 GPU CORES THAT ISNT TO SHABBY.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Just a tip, maybe in the future put a Corsair H100i on it to make it last that much longer :)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, you need to get FAST RAM for it to be at top performance. And if any other games in the future get more demanding you could get a R7 250 (or any other r7 series gpus(the 250 works the best) and use it for duel graphics (kinda like Xfire)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you all very much. Since I am an AMD fan I think I will go the APU route and add a dedicated gpu in the future.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That was my thought - I went with 2133 ram in the build. Thanks for your help

• 71 months ago
  • 0 points

Did your son turn on caps lock and then disable it?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube