add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Its_Benjii
  • 72 months ago

So I've built a couple of computers in the past, but not without help choosing parts. I decided that my current build ( https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Its_Benjii/saved/KhbwrH ) wasn't cutting it, so Im building a new one, but this time independently. This is what I have so far. I did have a little help with the PSU from a kind user on another topic of mine, but, other than that, I made this alone. Let me know what you think. Im primarily looking for compatibility and bottlenecking issues, but feel free to recommend other brands or models, with the exception of the CPU, GPU, and case. I'm pretty dead set on sticking with the ones I have. I also would rather you left price out of it, to a reasonable extent. Im also looking for 2 decent 1080p monitors that I can pick up for less than $500 total. Any help with that would be much appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Its_Benjii/saved/sFsnTW

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you going to edit videos and/or photos? If you aren't, get the 4670K.

You can get cheaper RAM(~20 dollars cheaper).

You can get a cheaper board, if you aren't going to use all features that the board offers..

If you are going to overclock, get a cooler.

Get a bigger SSD(120GB one, like the Samsung 840 EVO, Crucial M500, ...)

780's counterpart, the R9 290, costs ~100 dollars less(and it offers almost identical performance), so if you want to save your money, get one of these.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ill try and be as polite possible, but Im a little pissed that you didn't actually read my post.

I said not to mention CPUs. I've done my research on this part because it is so important, and, yes, I am going to do some video editing.

I have had good experience with the RAM I chose, and the risk isn't worth $20 to me.

I plan on using all of the features of the board I chose in the future, but Im only getting started at the moment.

I planned on getting a cooler in the future if I decide to overclock.

The SSD is only to boot from, but I may just cave and buy a 120GB, it all depends.

Again, I said not to mention the GPU. I want to go with Nvidia for Shadowplay and EVGA has it's own overclocking software that seems fairly easy to use. Price doesn't matter. If you read my post, you'd know that.

Thanks for the help, but please read in the future.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I did read it, but you didn't give enough info about some stuff.. Let's say, about the CPU...Combining an i7 with 8GB of RAM didn't make too much sense, in my opinion, that's why I suggested you to get the 4670K.

I see that you've changed some stuff..

You should've mentioned that recording is important to you.

"I also would rather you left price out of it, to a reasonable extent." My bad, I missunderstood this sentence, I'm sorry..

But yea, 100-150(or 200-250, if you count in getting the cheaper CPU) dollars is a nice amount of money(in my opinion), so I decided to mention that stuff..I'm sorry if I pissed you, but I just wanted to help you.. :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube