- 71 months ago
What do you know - another parts list from a first time builder. Any input is greatly appreciated. Some background on the uses for this project...this is not for hardcore gaming, but basically everything else:
- Regular office work, Microsoft Office suite and everything needed for running a small company (QuickBooks, perhaps some simple ERM software at the end of the day), web design and design of promotional materials, labels etc...
- Hobby work includes processing and editing of high definition photography and video
- No time for games, but the computer should be able to effortlessly run Microsoft Flight Simulator X or similar software capable of simulating IFR approaches, perhaps simulation software for the Garmin G1000.
- Do I need a video card, or is the built-in HD Graphics 4600 card in the CPU sufficient?
- Do I need a more souped-up motherboard? I want the HDMI and USB3 ports, but don't know if I'm missing something else essential here.
- Do I need separate cooling for the CPU? I'm not planning on overclocking it.
The proposed build:
|CPU||Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor||$334.99 @ NCIX US|
|Motherboard||Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard||$113.00 @ Amazon|
|Memory||G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2400 Memory||$143.10 @ Newegg|
|Storage||Crucial M500 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive||$225.00 @ Amazon|
|Case||Apevia X-DREAMER4-GN ATX Mid Tower Case||$59.99 @ Mwave|
|Power Supply||Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply||$29.99 @ Newegg|
|Optical Drive||Pioneer BDR-208DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer||$69.99 @ SuperBiiz|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)||$104.99 @ NCIX US|
|Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available||$1081.05|
Many thanks in advance!