add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My UPDATED First Build

caveman_max
  • 71 months ago

I made some recent changes to the parts I'm planning to buying for my gaming rig. Requesting some opinions on the parts listed. I'm going to use this rig for gaming. All thoughts are appreciated.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/caveman_max/saved/DGcRsY

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, a couple questions.

Is gaming your only purpose of the build? If it is, you're not going to need an i7. An i5 4690k will do just fine. If you really have your heart set on an i7, spend $20 more and get the i7 4790k instead of the 4770k.

Do you plan on overclocking? If not don't get the H100i. Coolermaster 212 Evo will keep your CPU nice and cool for a lot less.

You don't need 16GB of RAM. You just don't. Go down to 8GB.

Everything else looks good.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I do plan on gaming most of the time, doing some video editing and over clocking.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Well then ignore the first two points except for the last part of the first one, go for the 4790k instead; definitely.

Also if you're doing light overclocking the Evo will be fine.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much. I will consider your advice.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

anytime!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube