add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
meechybruv
  • 71 months ago

Price cant exceed like 1700$, Im in Canada so make sure the price stays the same

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/meechybruv/saved/VbK2FT

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

everything is fine

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

apart from the fact it's blowing his budget :3

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

lol

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

it's 1703.. :p

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

haha oops i was looking at the grand total :3

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

With taxes it's over budget.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea. When I was ready to buy my PC I went to the shop and gathered all the parts only to realise afterward (at the till) that I had to downgrade a couple parts significantly to make up for the money I had to pay in HST :P

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi, I made this parts list for you which is just under 1700 dollars. Taking into consideration your budget, I made some noteworthy changes that I would like for you to keep in mind and use as a basis for your future decisions.

Please let me know what you think! Thanks :)

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $291.00 @ shopRBC
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $36.39 @ DirectCanada
Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste $6.92 @ DirectCanada
Motherboard Asus Z97-K/CSM ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $146.49 @ DirectCanada
Memory Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory $98.87 @ Vuugo
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $99.07 @ DirectCanada
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $67.74 @ Vuugo
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card $457.12 @ shopRBC
Case Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case $70.11 @ DirectCanada
Power Supply Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $79.08 @ Amazon Canada
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $119.59 @ DirectCanada
Monitor Acer UM.WV6AA.A02 (V226HQL Abmd) 60Hz 21.5" Monitor $119.00 @ DirectCanada
Wireless Network Adapter Asus USB-N13 802.11b/g/n USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adapter $21.80 @ DirectCanada
Keyboard Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard $83.05 @ Vuugo
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $1696.23
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What was wrong with op's original cheaper ram? His gpu was better too. Good move to corsair psu. Which you had posted the build link to see estimated power use.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Does having a Cooler Master PSU change much? I'm not nreally sure about this stuff, I'd be willing to blow a few extra bucks to get a better psu if it's really that much of a difference.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

A bad PSU can fry your whole system. Cooler Master isn't known as one of the top brands for PSUs. Some reliable brands are Corsair, Sesonic, Antec, XFX.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/meechybruv/saved/dH4BD3

This better? And it's cheaper than the other PSU too.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good to me :)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Seasonic make the components for Corsair's PSUs.. fyi :P

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Another point was to get an Asus motherboard. Asus make more reliable motherboards in my experience.

Also another point to mention is the fact that I removed the ODD. Of course this is just a personal decision being that I find them too slow and that they create too much unnecessary heat :3

His ram was like 5 dollars more... You can probably ignore my RAM and GPU suggestions though anyway :P hehe

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

ODD?

Also, what motherboard is good, and around my price range? I want SLI support, just in case I go mental and buy another 780. It needs to support Devils Canyon as well.

I want it to be similar price to the MSI one I have now.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Optical Disc Drive.

I'm afraid there isn't an Asus motherboard which supports SLI in that price range. The next model up which can directly compete with the MSI one is:

Type Item Price
Motherboard Asus Z97-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $249.27 @ Newegg Canada
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $249.27
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, well how would I install Windows and such without the ODD?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I remove it after?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube