add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 200R vs 300R vs Define R4 (non-windowed)

rishabhchugh13

65 months ago

Hi,

Where I live (UK), the 200r is about £45 and the 300r and the define r4 are both £60. I would like a cheaper case but I'd be willing to spend the £60 if the features are worth it.

Can someone please list the pros and cons for each of the cases and some features. I know that all three of the cases has enough slots and space for all of my hardware so thats not an issue.

Could you please let me know if these cases have dust filters, x number of fans included (I don't want to spent more on fans afterwards), anti-vibration rubber, noise dampening materials, rubber grommets around case fans slots, general good quality build etc

BTW, I live in a dusty place and so I would really like dust filters, and since I'm not OCing, stock fans should be enough. I'm using an iGPU so I won't need extra space for a long GPU but removable HDD bays would be nice for better airflow.

Thanks

Comments

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

define r4 is the best

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't like noise then get the R4. It's designed to be a silent case.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

the 300R is older than the 200R and has no extra features, not even a meaningful amount of extra room for coolers, fans, gpus etc. in fact, the 200R has more SSD mounting than the 300R. needless to say it's not worth the extra, it isn't properly worth it's asking price in general. you should be able to find the fractal arc midi R2 for ~60 pounds. also, the Thermaltake H35 and V31/V41 are pretty good. those have flexible bay mounting, dust filters and are well ventillated. the 300R has poor dust protection, have a look at my buddy's. it comes with a 140mm fan in front and a 120 rear exahuast. the 200R comes with two 120mm fans. the R4 has the best of everything between these cases as it's not a super budget case to begin with. it has a good dust filter in front. sounds like everything you want the R4 has and the other two don't.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube