add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Questions about first build

jlscott67452
  • 71 months ago

I'll be using this set up for work and gaming. I'll be running 2 monitors and a TV for things like Netflix. My work shouldn't hit the system too hard will mostly be connecting to my computer at the office and web design. Any changes you see that would be beneficial would be appreciated. Thanks

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jlscott67452/saved/Y2xbt6

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Take off that CPU cooler, the 120mm and 140mm AIO liquid coolers are not worth the price. A Coolermaster 212 Evo will perform just as well at half the cost.

If you really want to spend $70 some on a CPU cooler it would still be best to go air cooling if you are comparing them to the 120mm and 140mm AIO liquid coolers. At that price point the higher end air coolers start to out perform the 120mm and 140mm AIO liquid coolers by 5-10C.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube