add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Suggestions Before Pulling the Trigger?

rwidebro
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/rwidebro/saved/HhmFf7

This is my first PC build in 7 years and I'm looking to sit comfortably with a machine primarily used for gaming. As for what game, well if it's out there, I'd like to be able to run it. I'm obviously not looking to top the performance charts but I'd like to be in the "well above average" area. That being said, there should be room for improvement down the road. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're looking for upgrade path later, you'd better to start off with a single GPU instead. Simply because you can always add another one later if you want to. Also, multi GPU setup usually produces more heat and draws more power compared to single ones. As for the suggestion, I'd recommend you to get R9 290(X) or GTX 780. You might also want a PSU with higher wattage if you're going for multi GPU setup with any of these and overclocking.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What I did right off the bat was replace the PSU with a Corsair 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V which actually tends to run a bit cheaper. I will definitely play around with the video card configuration and keep that suggestion in mind.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You won't really need a 1000W PSU unless you're running a triple GPU setup, your motherboard only support two, anyways. 850W~ is plenty for dual GPU setup and overclocking.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Dropped this down to the RM 850W. Thanks for the added input.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem, good luck with your build!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Your opinion on this build? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/t7p2WZ

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That case is dog ugly, but without researching the parts too much I'd almost say I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn't consider it heavily.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube