add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

will this computer run call of duty games and minecraft very well

buzard200
  • 71 months ago

I put this computer together on this site and I want to know if its a good deal and if it will run minecraft and call of duty games well http://pcpartpicker.com/user/buzard200/saved/rfFKHx

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

This topic has been moved from "General > General Discussion" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Would suggest you get rid of the 660, and replace it with a 265, 270, or 280. For that same price most likely the Twin Frozr 270 for 170.00 You will get better performance. Then again you have an APU so there's absolutely no need for a discrete graphics card with it. You should replace it with the FX 6300 or the FX 8320.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

how about this?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Athlon X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor $84.73 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-S1 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $34.69 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card $159.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $85.87 @ Amazon
Power Supply EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $19.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $84.98 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Asus PCE-N10 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $9.99 @ Micro Center
Case Fan Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 74.0 CFM 120mm Fan $3.56 @ NCIX US
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $608.77
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Why do you want such crappy CPU's? This entire build is fantastic except for that CPU. You should be spending atleast near the same amount on your GPU as your CPU as a general rule of thumb. Type in the name of your CPU and after it enter benchmark, and see if it will suffice for your needs.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

eh.. because this CPU will run games just fine.. the benchmarks are good for multitasking info but with games utilizing 1-3 cores the benchmarks are really skewed. I'm not saying that a FX6300 wouldn't be the better choice for his budget as it would fit in..but for game value I was showing him this. Check for your self on the 3dmark

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-6300-vs-AMD-Athlon-X4-760K

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

what I find funny is you suggested the Fx6300 and while yes in multitasking it will outperform the X4 but for gaming it is really close. So how do you say i suggest such crappy cpu when it doesn't get much closer then the one you suggested and mine $40 cheaper

• 71 months ago
  • 0 points

Actually in comparison that doesn't look bad at all. I would say the build looks perfect then.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

see I don't know that much about computers so I put this build together thinking it was pretty good and I just want it to run minecraft and call of duty games at high fps so anything you think I should change just tell me and I want it to be under perferbly 800 and I changed the gtx 660 with the twin frozr 270 anything else I should change http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ymsXJx and thanks for the input

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor $144.99 @ NCIX US
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler $29.98 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard $74.98 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory $69.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $53.48 @ Micro Center
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card $159.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT Phantom 410 (Black/Orange) ATX Mid Tower Case $89.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ NCIX US
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $19.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) $84.98 @ OutletPC
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $778.35

You build was very good for a first try. I made some minor tweaks to squeek out some more performance for the same money.

First thing is the CPU, i upgraded to a FX8320. the A10 CPU you had in there was actually an APU which means it comes with integrated graphics thats what the -6800k is in the name. That graphics is wasted because you are already getting a discrete separate GPU. It was a little more expensive but will be worth it, 8 cores and can overclock it to 4.0 easily on that board and with that cooler.

Second was the mobo, replaced it because the fx8320 is an AM3+ socket CPU and your old board was FM2.

I swapped the power supply because this one is cheaper and is slightly more reliable. Same wattage etc.

Swapped RAM because it is cheaper and faster than the RAM you had in there. No big, also have a slight red/black color theme going.

Last was the GPU upgraded to a r9 270X which is a step up form the regular 270 and ten buck cheaper. Also it will absolutely run all of hte call of duty games.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

ok thanks for the input defintally will buy this build in a couple of months and how much fps do you think I will run in call of duty at highest quality and minecraft at highest quality

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The newest CoDs like ghosts will perform just ok, mostly because the game is just a port from xbox and they didnt spend much time to optimize it for PC. So on highest setting you will probably be getting 30-45ish fps. But for all the other CoDs like black ops 2, mw3, mw2, blops1, you will get 60 fps on max settings. It will get 60+fps on minecraft easy.

In a month the prices and parts may change so check back and post again before you order.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube