add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming DIMM Problems... 2nd time.

PCJosh1992
  • 71 months ago

This is my second board I've had and the same problem as the first board. The system boots just fine with 1 DDR3 1600 RAM stick in, but when I try to run dual-channel in DIMM 2/4, I get a no display on my monitor, and debug code 55. I also tested single sticks in DIMM 1 and 2, and they work just fine, but DIMM 3 and 4 with single sticks dont. I was just wondering if I had to tinker with the settings in the BIOS to get it to boot in dual-channel mode? or if I have another bad board.

Also wouldnt mind suggestions for a different board, same price point or less, and a blue board/black board if possible. Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PCJosh1992/saved/HHtQzy

Comments

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube