add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

4790k cooling

grimmjow660

67 months ago

I've decided between a NZXT Havik 140 or Noctua NH-U14S. Which one do you guys recommend? My motherboard is also the Asus Z97-AR, and I'm using low profile Ram. Also Hyper 212 Evo is an option possibly, but I hear it's not good for the 4790k.

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

The Havik is more comparable to the NH-D14, which is dual tower, not the U14, which is much inferior, and is single tower. So Havik 140.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say that its best you skip both and go for the Noctua NH-D15. But if I were to choose with what you're going with, I'd go with the Havik. Unless some hardcore Noctua fanboy would come in here and argue that the Noctua is better. To be honest, whichever gives more for the buck is better.

• 67 months ago
  • 0 points

One vote for the Noctua NH-U14S

• 67 months ago
  • 0 points

You're probably confusing the U14 with the D14.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Link checked, no error.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

The U14 is far inferior to the Havik 140, where as the D14 is about the same.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube