add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Im looking for opinions on my $860 pc build

dyloniusmaximus
  • 71 months ago

I have not added an OS because I have a friend who is going to get me one for free, and I have all other accessories needed. I am just looking for opinions on this build before I purchase everything and if theres anything any of you would change that would benefit me or save me some money. Thanks everyone!!!

Processor: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core $174.99

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ $117.00

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 $82.98

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM $74.50

Video Card MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR $169.99

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower $49.99

Power Supply: EVGA 500W ATX12V / EPS12V $29.99

Optical Drive: LG UH12NS30 Blu-Ray Reader, DVD/CD Writer $39.99

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That video card is going to drop price, so are the 270x 280x and 280 since there will be new video cards that will be ugrades from those cards. The 280 is expected to be around $150.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

when do you think that will happen?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

yes... when?

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

The affects of this started last Friday, by the end of this month you will see the higher price cards go down lower by $5-10. This will keep going down until September. After September the prices will stay the same until the actual release which will then bring it down even lower.

The first round of cuts started this week. between $5-$30

The next round will be in august and the final when the new cards come out.

http://wccftech.com/price-cuts-hit-amd-radeon-r9-280x-radeon-r9-270x-radeon-r7-260x/

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

ok. thanks:P

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Well i just replaced the 270 with the 270x gaming card for the same price.. but im planning on purchasing this stuff fairly soon. also it is my first build. opinions? thanks

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Not bad.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you replace the 270 with a 270x, I would suggest you to upgrade the PSU to a 550W atleast... (Just my opinion, since I, having an Electronics background like to keep PSUs at 1.5 times the maximum load). EVGA or XFX would be good. :)

Also, you 'might' want to add a Hyper Master 212 EVO to the CPU cooler instead of the stock, whether or not you overclock, since it has been shown to keep the system much cooler than stock and much less noisier for around 30$ only. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube