add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What im looking to build!

Jarin
  • 71 months ago

Thanks in advance for the help.

This is the first custom PC I have ever built. I will post pictures, and benchmark information once built! :)

I tried to stay within a $1000 budget (without tax) and exceeded it by $20 :D. I will be working on VMs and will be taking IT related courses and certifications (server, networking, VM, etc...).

CPU: As this is my first build, and I tried to stay away from overclocking. I think the 4790 has lots of power and it will not bottleneck anything that I do.

Motherboard: Great reviews, z97 Chipset (works great with 4th generation and will work with the 5th generation). This motherboard seems to be most commonly bought with the I7 CPU's

Memory: Runs 2133, and I needed the 16gb for VM's

Storage: FAST FAST FAST!

Case: This was the hardest decision to make as there were many other choices available. I was thinking about getting the Black Pearl (with window), but I couldn't see the need. This has great cooling, and a nice window.

Power Supply: Platinum 760W SeaSonic for $129 ($70 off) How could I not ;D ?

OS: Got it through work, and do not want the hassle known as Windows 8

Video Card: I do not think I currently need one. Eventually I would like to game, so would it be better to purchase one now or wait till October when the new cards come out? I was thinking about the GTX 750 ti

Cooling: Any thoughts?

Thank you all for your help

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($325.00) Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($230.00) Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($179.00) Storage: A-Data XPG SX900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($80.00) Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99) Power Supply: SeaSonic 760W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Purchased For $129.00) Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (Purchased For $0.00) Total: $1017.99

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube