add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H80i vs Coolermaster hyper 212

quattroawd

67 months ago

So I have a stupid question. I haven't built a computer yet but I am planning to. I've been watching many videos on youtube and i've seen people cool their CPU's with these all in one liquid coolers. Now the question is Some people mount the radiator at the top of the computer case. But then I also know you can put exhaust fans up there. How does that work out if I want to use the radiator up there and have an exhaust fan?

Or should I just get the regular air cooler for the cpu?

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 2 points

Don't go for the 120mm or 140mm coolers. You will get the same if not better performance out of Air coolers at the same price or less.

I'd just 212 Evo.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Hyper 212 Evo (woops)

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends if you have one or two fan mounts up top. In either case you would mount the rad up top and put the fans against the rad pushing air threw the rad and out of the case. Both cooling your rad and pushing out the hot air in your case.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless you are dealing with a small formfactor build 120/140s are not quite as good as a Evo.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube