add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is this computer good for gaming

Odst1337
  • 71 months ago

Is this computer good for gaming? Im new to building a computer so please if anything is bad and you suggest a better part than please don't hesitate to inform me. I mainly plan on playing Arma 3, Battlefield 4, and Elder Scrolls Online. Thank you for your time

link to parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/hdGnyc

update: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sVgQcf

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Intel Core i5-3350P w/ Asus P8Z77-V: Combination is based off the older "Ivy Bridge" design. Current is "Haswell Refresh". e.g. Intel Core i5-4460
  • Silverstone ST60F-PS: Alternatives available with better specs, similar/lower price. e.g. Seasonic SSR-650RM.
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

so what buy the i5-4460 instead

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Correct. All around improved processor.
  • Keep in mind that you should pair it with a mobo that has the current Z97 chipset as well. It is the current equivalent of the Z77 but with more features.
  • Forgot to mention, if you use Windows Media Center for the convenience of a remote, Windows 7 includes it by default but Windows 8/8.1 does not. Media Center is additional cost unless you purchase the Professional version.
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

ok

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

how does that look

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Appears to be satisfactory but you removed the Noctua for a budget liquid cooler? Keep in mind that the i5 should not generate that much heat.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

it was an accident when removing the mobo

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

which fan is best they are both almost the same price when using new egg

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube