add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

how is this build and will it bottleneck or not?

chrisdimmock18
  • 71 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/WrNgFT Kind of curious on whether or not it will bottleneck or if its fine before i buy all of the parts any help is appreciated

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What do you think would bottleneck?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

im not sure, thats why im asking, im relatively new to this and i am worrying about this happening.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think you are understanding the term "bottleneck". A bottleneck is where a single or few parts of a system limit the performance of the whole. For example, it would be like sticking a brand new Top Tier graphics card in a system that had bottom of the barrell, slow dual core processor and the cpu limited the performance of your shiny new gpu, the cpu would be the Bottleneck. Or think about it this way, take a glass of water and a bottle of water, turn them upright and see which emptys first. The glass will because the "Neck of the Bottle" will limit speed at which the water comes out. Anyways, no I don't think anything will bottleneck this system.

I would like to ask though, why the 570, not that its bad, just kinda old.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

the highest im willing to go in price is around £750 and i was recommended a 560 but it took the price to high and i couldnt think of any better alternatives, if you have any suggestions it would be useful.

Edit: Found a Asus GTX 760 which puts me at £749

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

R9 280 in between gtx 760 &770 in performance http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/CWZqP6

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thankyou

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube