add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Rubber Extensions?

RedOmen

65 months ago

Weird question, but I need to know. I got my Corsair Air 540 case and I noticed something strange with the connectors. A few of them have these like, 1 inch rubber extensions coming out from them but one of them doesn't (the HD audio connector). Is that important at all, like do they protect them from ESD or something?

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

? "rubber extensions"

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you take a picture of it maybe so we can understand? I'm wondering if you are looking at the heat-shrink.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that what they are called, heat shrinks? Well, after using the glorious internet, that's what it looks like. I took the picture but don't know how to upload it to this thread (feel dumb for that). Anyways, are these heat shrinks important? As said before, it looks like there isn't one on my HD audio connector when that cable juts out of the case.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

OHH, no you are fine, the heat shrink wrapping is just to keep the sleeves from moving.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube