add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on this build about $1100 total ( I tried to keep it under $1000)..

chin0
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vCY2WZ

This entire build will cost me $1,089. I based all these prices on NewEgg. I don't like using amazon or other companies because they charge me tax and will eventually add up the total. I tried to keep it under $1000 but I guess the price is fine. Need some opinion if I should change anything or I'm good to go? Thanks.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • RAM - Change to this. Same company, same price, more performance for OC.

• GPU - for the same money you can get r9 290, which performs as gtx 780 or better (depending on a task). Look into Sapphire Tri-X or Powercolor PCS+ versions of the card; they have the best cooling for it.

• Why not to go ATX instead of MicroATX? I can't say much about the mobo you chose, but I still question the build quality of it...may be it is just superstition :O

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

@Platobob, Initially I was going for the r9 290 but I have read reviews that r9 280x and 290 series have a lot of artifacts problem so I'm not sure if I should go for it. I went with the mATX cause its cheaper but is there any difference b/t mATX and ATX?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube