add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New Pre-Build - Budget $750-$850

AHoboPanda
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/AHoboPanda/saved/bwZzK8

NOTE: I'd prefer to not go over $800 if possible, but I can if it's the best thing to do.

Hello again, everyone! My friend helped make me a good build list that seems really nice, and after looking through the suggestions on my first post and taking them into consideration, I'm leaning towards his recommendation! I added in the headphones and keyboard/mouse bundle ;)

The case is black and has a Blue LED Fan on the front, which is why I chose the headset and keyboard/mouse that I did, since they match :3 I plan on using this rig for 75% gaming (and gaming voice communications such as TeamSpeak 3), 20% video/photo editing, and 5% other stuff. What do you guys think? Would this build possibly work for what I plan to use it for?

Also, as I said in my first post, I'm not trying to run all games at super ultra high FPS, I'm only looking to run most games on medium-high settings, and even low settings if it's a CPU-intensive game (like Minecraft :D jk lol). I'm also NOT planning on trying to overclock the CPU. Yes, because I'm weird. Deal with it <3

The SSD is for the OS (which is NOT included in the build price list) and possibly a game or 2 that I would play a lot, so that I can load my PC and those games faster. The 2TB Seagate is for storing everything else, such as pictures and music and most of my games.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I think your build is pretty good! But you should switch out the i5 4430 for the i5 4670k because it has a faster clock speed (3.4ghz) and you can overclock it. It does cost a bit more ($184.94 vs. $210.00) but you'll get more performance. And if you want higher overclocking speeds I recommend that you buy the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO. Good luck with your build!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your input! But, as stated in the post, I am NOT interested in overclocking the CPU. Ironically enough, my first build included the 212 EVO, but only because I didn't know I wouldn't need one since I'm not going to overclock haha.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok that's cool but if you want extra performance i'd overclock but it's your choice. :)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for understanding :) and thanks for liking my build! I think I've finally decided on what I want to buy.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome!

PS: Send me a permalink of your build! :)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Bump :)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • I'd change the SSD. Newer units sold have slower NAND that has a speed of like 150mb/s Read, unlike 450mb/s promised in earlier versions.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7763/an-update-to-kingston-ssdnow-v300-a-switch-to-slower-micron-nand

• You can drop the SSD and put that towards a better GPU (i.e. a GTX 760 or an R9 280) or find a better alternative like a PNY XLR8 or a Sandisk.
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow. I'm glad you told me this. I'm gonna have to buy a new SSD! :p My friend recommended this one because he got one a few years ago when it used the Toshiba Toggle-Mode NAND, but since the new one is shittier I'll have to switch haha :) Thanks a lot! :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube