add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sub $1000, Help Needed!!!

DeltasEcho
  • 71 months ago

First and foremost, I would like to thank everyone who is spending their time reading this, and those who commented as well. :)

Alright... I would be using this comp for overall school work, nothing fancy, just some websites, Word, research, etc. I would also be using this as a gaming rig, primarily for gaming, actually.

CPU: I thought about going with Intel, that new i5 card, it's just too expensive though :(. I am personally a big fan of AMD, always love their stuff, and the FX6300 is a great CPU for the money.

CPU Cooler: I've heard that Noctua is considered the Cadillac of fans. I know that they are extremely quite, reliable, and efficient. I know they look different, but hey, it would be something different than the plastic-y and metallic components we have today. And I'm sure this will keep things nice and cool if I overclock a little ;)

Ram: Low latency, great speed, cheap, profile doesn't matter because my CPU cooler doesn't cover it up. PS: The cheaper the way better!!!

Motherboard: I did a lot of research on this, and have found that this has the most bang for your buck. It has a great feature set, great durability and stability, OC potential, and of course it's Asus, so ... what else could you want?

SDD: I just needed a cheap something that's fast. Kingston is a great company, recommended by many, and it's cheap. I don't need much more SSD space for games and my OS, since I do have an external hard drive for brute force capacity.

Video Card: This is something that I'm not so sure about. I know that the R9 270X is a great card, rated one of if not the best for $200 range. VisionTek looks like it has one of the fastest Clock rates, and a decent amount of cores. I don't know if it has the most cores, or the highest clock rate, but by what I could see on this website, it did have one of the fastest clock rates. Something I'm not sure about is if I should get some cheaper cards and Crossfire/SLI them. Or should I just get something a little more pricey and skimp on my PSU? I want this to be solid at max/ultra, but it doesn't have to be. I could be content with High. FPS - 30 is a minimum. This might be a little confusing :3

Case: I looovveeee NZXT's H440 case, but it doesn't have an optical drive, which kinda bugs me, since my school does use some older programs. Also, it's a little pricey, breaking the $100 imaginary line. This case has a window, (who doesn't want to see their cpu cooler and ram and everything?!) and has that great modern design. It's relatively cheap at 85 bucks, and I know Fractal is a great company that I can trust for quality and durability.

PSU: Also something if-y. On Newegg, it only has/d 3 stars. Ouch! But the people who did have issues with it said it's either 1) loud, or has this weird clicking noise it makes. Everyone who had issues got responded to buy EVGA, which I think is great. I know they have great customer service and make quality products. I like the modular design because I am a little neat freak :D and I want to have that led strip (if my friend's words of advice are true)

Optical: Just an optical drive, Samsung makes quality stuff, cheap, ...

Thermal Paste: some sludge

I'd need a cheap mic, I have headphones, need something that won't destroy my buddies' ears. Zalman mic alright? 10 bucks max, I don't need it to sound like I'm right next to them, just a non annoying non harsh sound.

The LED strip by NZXT is great, if you want to see why look it up on Newegg... they have a great video displaying the all sorts of things you can do with it :)

Question: to have an LED strip, do you have to have a semi or modular power supply? My friend said you do, but that's hard for me to believe for some reason... thanks. :)

Question 2: Is there ANY way I could get a cheaper copy of Windows? Honestly I would even take 7 (even though you have to pay for the updates now) just to save some money to get some extra fans, for example... I think my friends friends might have some, we shall see. But I don't really want to ask them for an OS... Kinda stupid question but oh well.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DeltasEcho/saved/39pmP6

Thanks again!

FYI: would be my first build

-Delta

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube