add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
megamattz
  • 71 months ago

I have a strict 500$ limit on this build. I tried to the very best of my ability to fit the most power I could into 500$. The build would be used for light gaming (World of Warcraft, League of Legends, Call of Duty Ghosts)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/megamattz/saved/r2NgXL

The Cpu wont do me any favors in processor heavy apps, and i plan on upgrading that as soon as allowed to a 4570 or 4670 no k, since i dont plan on overclocking. Thoughts and changes? The absolute highest I can go is 550 if its a significant enough change.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That 320 GB Hard Drive will be hard to work with.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I have an external that I use for Movies, Music, and random downloads. I still have plenty of space on the 320 I'm using currently so I figured it didnt matter.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Spend another $10 and change the CPU to the G3258. Normally at this price id say go AMD but you said you wanna get an i5 in the future.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

At this price range on AMD i might not get enough as far as upgrade-ability is concerned. Thats why I went intel. The possibility to upgrade to broadwell when it comes out.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Search the forums for $600 build. You can get a LOT more for that extra $100. You're kind of in a bad spot. Since it's a luxury item (gaming), i'd say skip a few beers & burgers & apply that $$$ to your build.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor $69.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $52.99 @ Micro Center
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory $39.99 @ Newegg
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.98 @ OutletPC
Video Card MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB Video Card $159.99 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $24.99 @ NCIX US
Power Supply Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard $9.99 @ B&H
Mouse Logitech G100s Wired Optical Mouse $24.00 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $486.91

Way better for less

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

That is pretty much the same thing with less Memory and more Hard drive space... That isn't WAY BETTER, infact it is probably worse.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the 4 gegs might have went there by mistake

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube