add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

990FX motherboards

pcbuilds
  • 85 months ago

I am stuck between the new sabertooth gen3 with PCIe 3.0 with a 7870 GHz, or the m5a99fx pro with a 7950. both builds come within a few dollars of each other. also I will be buying another graphics card next year, either a 8xxx (with the sabertooth board), or another 7950 for crossfire (with the m5a board). anyone have any thoughts on which combo will save money, time, aggravation, and still perform well.

Comments

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd go with a the Sabertooth now and get a 8970 later. You'll still have a capable system and won't have to deal with the headaches of a CrossFireX setup later on.

• 85 months ago
  • -1 points

Avoid multiple GPUs unless you want to run 3 monitors. How about a 970 board and a 7950 or 7970?

• 85 months ago
  • 1 point

I am hoping to keep this system for quite a long time so don't want to put all the money into the parts that outdate quickly right away (graphics card). so maybe I'll wait for the new gen of graphics cards, get a good one and it should last three or four years.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube