add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Reinstalling windows to an SSD

Lightheart3596
  • 71 months ago

Hey guys, I need some help :p. I'm trying to figure out how to go about reinstall Windows 7 on my new SSD that I recently bought. I do have one problem though. I don't have access to an external hard drive, so I don't have the option to backup any of my files. Is there anyway to reinstall my OS to a new drive without deleting any of my files that are on my old hard drive? Thanks to anyone that helps me!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Copy the files to a thumb drive. Create a partition and load the thumb drive. If that doesn't work here's a video, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qMo8krAJd5Q

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I used that video already XD. Should of put in the description that the thumb drives that I do own aren't large enough to really help me (Besides, They are holding documents already that I can't erase).

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hmm.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you re use your product key?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay you can try unplugging your HDD and then plugging in the SSD. Load up the system, pull up the bios put it in order of optical drive (where you put in the Win disc) to SSD. It should work form there.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Would using the "Upgrade" option when install window work? It keeps all my old files however it puts it in an "Old Windows" folder. What would you recommend?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Systems > Troubleshooting" to "Software > Operating Systems".

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry my bad :/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube