add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hey look! Another first timer asking for opinions!

ArcaneTeaParty
  • 71 months ago

Aye Siwmae and a good day to you all!

This is my first rig and I want to know if this is good for playing games like Far Cry 3, Skyrim, ARMA, etc. at medium or higher.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TLwFbv

Please tell me what I should add or what I should take out. Please keep it under 600. P.S Will the motherboard come with all the cables? I think some of my parts (like my optical drive) doesn't come with a cable. P.S.S Yes I know I still have to buy an OS

Much appreciated!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

4GB of RAM for those games might be a little tight, if you drop a thermal paste tube you could get a few extra bucks towards 8GB of RAM. You won't need two tubes of thermal paste. The motherboard should come with the SATA data cables (I think), but power cables will come from the power supply. The 7770 is a bit outdated, for 20 bucks more you could get a R9 270 which is much more powerful and future-proof.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Lets just say that Bungie gives Destiny a port. Will the 7770 be able to handle it at say 25+ frames at medium? Coming from consoles FPS doesn't really affect me that much.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Maybe. You'd have to ask somebody else, I don't actually have the 7770 nor do I play any of those games (other than Skyrim at 10 fps on a laptop :P). :/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube