add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will a 500 Watt Corsair CX500M be enough for this build?

VegetarianBoy
  • 69 months ago

Just what the title says; I'm new to PC building and I would be extremely happy for help.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ddJ2WZ

Comments

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

it would easily power it (although this reliable EVGA 600B is currently cheaper) by why an i3 on z87 board and only a gtx650 (for $129!) when for an extra $10 you can get a 265 which is far better or for $60, you could get this 250x which is still better than a gtx650 - benchamrks

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a temporary start set-up. I'm going to upgrade it every so often, because I need a PC to get money.

• 69 months ago
  • 1 point

In which case go for the 600B (so you have a good psu for overclocking and gpu upgrades), and so you don't spend too much now opt for the pentium G3258 (perhaps to practise over clocking) seeing as you already have a cooler and z board, and the 250X (as you weren't going to get that much gaming performance out of 650 anyway).

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 69 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't really want to cheap out on a PSU, hence it having the chance to fry all of my components in a second.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube