add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

first gaming build, experienced opinion welcome

MaienD
  • 71 months ago

since i wanted to switch from consoles to pc gaming, i decided to build the pc myself.

unfortunately i dont have any experience in how the different parts work together and which are best.

i just chose them based on the ratings

i want to use it mainly for gaming and would really appreciate it if you could look at my attempt : http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/MaienD/saved/gFn8TW

thanks !

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything on that build is fine except for that power supply. Don't get an xfx since they tend to not be reliable. Choose a seasonic, corsair, antic, or evga psu that is higher than gold certified. If you get low watt psu's with bronze or silver rating they tend to be a little un reliable and cause problems.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you aren't going to overclock, get an H97 board(or a cheaper Z97 one) and remove the cooler.

If you are, get a Z97 board + 4960K.(with the K suffix)

You should get a PSU with higher wattage, if you want to give it more "breathing" space.

The rest looks pretty good!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Like Lovroman said, you should get at least a z97 board due to the sometimes finicky BIOS updates required to get a z87 board to be compatible with the Haswell Processors.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i am still not sure whether i´d like to overclock down the line or not, but if not i could drop the liquid cooler and just use the fans from the case? and i´ll look into the mobo and psu, thanks for the advice so far !

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • That processor (BX80646I54690) comes packaged with a HSF.
  • That XFX is a re-badged Seasonic, so quality should be decent. With that said, a 550w power supply would be insufficient for all the parts you have listed. A 600w power supply would be more realistic after you factor in use of fans, USB mouse/keyboard/flash drives, capacitor aging...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube