add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1k build. About to pull the trigger. What do you think?

jbrentwiley
  • 71 months ago

Keep in mind that I will not be overclocking:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jbrentwiley/saved/kn4BD3

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Seems like a really solid build you should be able to play most games at ultra.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

why the gaming MB if your not OC or using dual SLI??..seems like your cutting things like cpu cooling, lower wattage psu, locked CPU.. If I were you I would get a less expensive MB as to me it just don't fit the rest of the system.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks pretty solid but be aware. With a z87 board you'll require a BIOS update to make it compatible with all Haswell processors, such as yours. If you'd rather just not, you can get a z97 board instead.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks I'll look into the z97 boards. How much of a pain in the *** would flashing the bios be?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

its nothing like it use to be, you can just go to the manufacture website and download the flash update. It will auto update the bios for you and restart.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I still stand with my comment as you are not going to be using any of the features that puts that board over $100, you can save yourself $50 and get a board that better fits your setup. that board wont even offer dual SLI

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

This board was cheaper because it doesn't offer sli which isn't a problem. Not worth sending 100 on a mobo because I will not be overclocking?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

look at it like this the board offers crossfire..you pay for and wont use, the board is unlocked, you pay for and wont use, the board is designed for Radeon Cards you have a Nvidia. Here is a cheaper board that actually better fits your system..as well as will provide dual SLI if you ever so happen to want it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor $214.99 @ NCIX US
Motherboard ASRock Z87M Extreme4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $84.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $79.99 @ NCIX US
Storage Crucial M500 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $72.00 @ Amazon
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB WINDFORCE Video Card $309.99 @ Newegg
Power Supply Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $62.00 @ Newegg
Optical Drive Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer $19.98 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) $89.98 @ OutletPC
Wireless Network Adapter Rosewill RNX-N250PCe 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter $18.99 @ Amazon
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $952.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-21 19:50 EDT-0400

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube