add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
rootsical
  • 71 months ago

i was going with a similar parts list a few days ago but decided to change from gigabyte motherboard to asus and also to add more ram..

does anybody have any thoughts/suggestions about my choices? thanks a lot in advance..

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/XWYt99 Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/XWYt99/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor (£119.80 @ Scan.co.uk)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.25 @ Scan.co.uk)
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard (£120.00 @ Aria PC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory (£250.91 @ More Computers)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£88.55 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£38.70 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II Video Card (£179.69 @ CCL Computers)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£84.98 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£81.95 @ More Computers)
Total: £988.83

what i would like to achieve: i would like to have a pc mostly for audio editing using reaper but i would like plenty of ram as that seems to help with vst plugins. i will also use my pc for code editing and compiling and also for video editing and animation using adobe premiere/after effects and blender. i do not game at all. i would like to be able to dual boot from the ssd both windows (probably 7 but maybe 8) and some variant of linux (probably debian but maybe arch linux).

why i have chosen my parts: i have gone with a fully modular psu to make the build easy. i have also gone with low profile memory as i have heard that the cooler master hyper fan may make it a tight fit otherwise. i have also chosen 4 * 8gb @ 1866 as that seems to be the highest amount and speed supported by the board as i know nothing about overclocking and don't intend to go down that route unless i need to/it is suggested. the video card i chose seemed to have good reviews and i am hoping it will help with video editing and animation without costing too much..

Comments

There are no comments.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube