add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Professional Opinion Before I Order!

FudginTurtle
  • 71 months ago

Im trying to keep a £1200 budget on my PC. I dont care about how loud this will be I just need to squeeze all gaming performance I can out of it! Planning to SLI in the future and need a mouse. Going to be playing 1920x1080p on games like bf4/bo2/crysis and dont forget gmod :)

Pushing it (i7) : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FnxQcf

2- upgrade on GPU and extra fan (i5) : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/DX4vdC

3- Downgrade gpu and extra fan+ssd (i7) : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/96GRYJ

Please help

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

First off, im playing gmod right now so you are cooooooooool :3

Now to the good stuff..

i would personally get the i7 with the 780Ti and save up later on for the SSD

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Also get 2x4GB RAM, not 1x8. Works better.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yes, my bad i didnt notice it

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd suggest having a SSD as a boot drive and a HDD as a storage device. That's a red flag for general gamers. I actually made my own 1.2k budget PC about a week ago. I hope I'm not repeating anything any users are saying below. However looking at your PC everything seems to be in good shape for what you're paying for.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Dont care about boot. I turn my pc on walk downstairs get a drink and something to eat then use my PC

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

SSD's are good for optimal performance and running process upon. It's not only great for boot speeds if you place an application and or game onto the SSD you'll notice a slight increase in performance overall when comparing it to a HDD speed of that application and or game.

The 'Pushing it' option is a good build to work with, always good to look around on the internet for feedback and reviews on what you buy before hand, also why you're here doing this exact thing.

In my opinion it's an alright build if you're comfortable with it yourself then buy it. Contact your local computing store for further advice if you have no luck.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Most people will tell you that the i7 isn't neccessary for gaming but if it can fit in you're budget it might help your rig last a bit longer. I wouldn't downgrade the gpu in a gaming build, for a ssd if you don't care about boot times. I would go with one of the first two builds. Most likely the first one. You can always add a fan here and there later, and you can always get an ssd later. I would consider getting a z97 chipset motherboard since it is the newest. I would also definitely get 2x4gb ram as opposed to 1x8gb, you'll get better performance from dual channel. You could always cut the water cooler and get a cheaper air cooler if you need a little room in the budget. That case will give you plenty of airflow for an air cooler to get the job done.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube