add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Am I on the right track or do I need serious help

Byonick
  • 71 months ago

I haven't built or even really used a pc in about 10 years so I'm abit out of the loop. I've been doing abit of research for the last 6 months but before I commit to buying parts I would like to know wether the parts I've picked will be able to be used for what I want it for. I primarily want to use this pc for gaming/ video editing, uploading, downloading other general uses. Don't plan on doing any overclocking. Any feedback, criticism, or tips would greatly be appreciated. Here's my build au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Byonick/saved/TzCFf7.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you have a locked cpu because you wont be overclocking but you got a z97 board meant for OCing. You could get a H97 board instead to save some money, or get a the K version instead if you want to try OCing in the future, which you would need an aftermarket cooler for once you do.

Seeing as you have a pretty high budget I recommend getting a SSD for your OS. In general though it is well balanced. Is there a reason you chose that specific PSU? Might be cheaper alternatives with the same specs check out corsairs.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I was gonna say the same. I looked at h97 motherboards and I noticed that most do not support sli. OP do you plan to use sli in the future? Is that the reason for this motherboard? Also I noticed all you're parts are from the same vendor. If you're buying everything only from this place, that psu is probably the best priced quality psu.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I do plan on using sli eventually. I haven't ruled out over clocking just didnt want to mess with it until I got my head around everything again. I might go with the k version just for the option. I'm only buying from the one supplier. I chose the psu based on prices from the supplier if there's an equally good psu but cheaper. But I couldn't find many. Oh and an ssd can I add that later or would you suggest installing it first?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're interested in overclocking I would go ahead and get the unlock cpu. The price usually isn't that different. If you're only buying from the one supplier then this looks pretty good then.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

It is a lot easier to start with the SSD, some people have trouble transferring the OS to the SSD from HDD

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok cool. Thanks guys you have been a lot of help

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

One last question. Any SSD and size you can recommend? Really don't know much about them

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube