add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Here is my build, any suggestions? Can I crossfire with this PSU and which z97 Motherboard?

jakecru
  • 71 months ago

Here is the parts list:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jakecru/saved/ryNgXL

Unfortunately I had a completed build but I had to RMA my old motherboard which was a gigabyte g1. Sniper z87. Thankfully, amazon took it as a return so I could get a different board. I think I will go with a z97 motherboard, so I can have the option to upgrade to a 5th generation i7 in the future. Is the MSI z97 gaming 7 a good solid board performance wise? Other options I have considered are the ASUS Maximus vii hero z97, Asus Sabertooth z97, and AsRock Extreme 6. I have a windowed case and I may add an NZXT Hue color LED cable, so I would like to have good/decent asthetics if possible. Unfortunately I have some green FANS I was using which matched the board I had to RMA so I am going to make this work. The two Green 120mm fans are in front of the case and are not visible from the window, so only the 140mm green fan is visible which I am using in a push pull orientation for the corsair h90. Performance is more important to me than looks, but I would like to have both if all possible. Would I be better staying with a z87 board? My other question is will my Seasonic 850W bronze power supply be sufficient to add a second Sapphire r9 290 Vapor X in crossfire mode? I am thinking of adding another one of these cards. Thanks for your help

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What about this motherboard. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g45gaming?

Just some UFI when its an AMD GPU its crossfire.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I was looking at the MSI gaming 5 which is close to the same price as that one. I will be doing overclocking and I just read the msi gaming 5 is a little better for that than the g45. I just decided if im going with MSI I'd rather pay the little extra for the gaming 7 to get the extra USB ports and what not considering they are only $15.00 apart. Thanks for the suggestion though. Do you think the 850w is enough power to crossfire the two 290's?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Go for it if your willing to spend the extra $ on the motherboard. You should be good with the PSU you have as that is a very good brand.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube