add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
kaare92
  • 71 months ago

Hi PCPartPicker and forum

So, I thought it was finally time for an upgrade. I have my old Samsung laptop, like 4 years old, but it's just not enough for me anymore.

Even though I wanted to be on a budget, I didn't quite expect the price. Though i know the Asus monitor adds a lot too it, it was just a monitor I liked, but I'm not sure if I'll go for that.

Since this is my first PC Build feel free to come with suggestions, and help me optimize my build; to be more gentle to my wallet, to hold out for some years before needing upgrades, while still being a beast of a gaming rig.

Please also let me know if you think I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance! :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kaare92/saved/BzcRsY

Side notes:

I've picked the DDR3-1866 Mhz Memory sticks, since they were cheaper than the DDR3-1600 Mhz ones. I'm aware of the low performance increase the 1866 Mhz ones deliver, so I wont mind going for the 1600 Mhz ones.

I left the keyboard out, since we use a different keyboard layout in my country.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Ha, I just posted my build as well and we have similar parts. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/KurtisDR/saved/YYZzK8 Question: Is that $40 PSU at 600w better than what I have? If so... I'm getting the one you have.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Haha, that's funny :D

My build had an Estimated Wattage at 423W. Which means 600W is more than enough, but it's better to leave some breathing room, also, so it can handle newer part in the future. Also it's just an estimate. I'm not quite sure though, but I'd say you should pick a PSU with lower watt output, since you don't need that much, and you will be able to save some money on doing so :)

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah, makes sense. Saving money is always great!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

To make sure you don't empty your wallet you should consider i cheaper case because i know that is a nice case but you can get a really nice one for $40-$80 maybe a Thermaltake chaser series those are always decent cases, also you could get a slightly cheaper RAM if you so choose. Plus if you are really desperate to save you could buy a nice screen from goodwill though i wouldn't recommend it. maybe even a lesser GPU but its just a suggestion.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

What RAM or GPU would you suggest?

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Thank you :) Yeah I'm very unsure about the cases. I can't visualize in my head, how much room I'm going to need for this build, so i just went for a large one, and one I've heard good reviews about. But you are right, I should find a cheaper solution, since 150$ is a lot for a case.

Which GPU would you suggest me? (I have no idea about the GPU and CPU, what they can handle, I've been researching a LOT of benchmark stats, and this is what I've found to fit my needs the best, to be in mid/high-range of pricing and still be able to pack a punch).

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i am unsure of you budget but for sure get a cheaper case because it is insanely overpriced. also you could possibly get the GeForce GTX 660 Ti it is a little cheaper and not as good as the 770 but you should be able play most games on medium to high settings. Also you could get A-Data AX3U1866W4G10-DR RAM (adata XPGv1.0) it has all the same stats as your original RAM just cheaper.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

As for cases i am unsure of your style but you might consider Thermaltake Chaser A71 89.99 maybe an Apevia X-Telstar-Jr G-Type Black 74.99 Antec Nine Hundred 69.99 Even the DIYPC Solar-M1-G 29.99

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you, I will consider changing the case. Is there no real difference between the Ripjaws and the Adata rams? I've always heard positive things about the Ripjaws, but they do come at a price yeah. Will look into that as well. GPU-wise I don't mind having the GTX 770, it's more expensive, but I'd like a bit more power than the GTX 660 Ti can offer. But thanks for all your suggestions, will take them into consideration :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube