add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Put cooler one twice!

Mundootz

67 months ago

As I put the cooler on for the first time I put it the wrong way. It is a cooler master hyper 212 evo on a 4670k. I removed it and noticed I put a bit to much thermal paste as well. So I removed the CPU as it got onto the sides of the shield and cleaned it and the cooler with 99% alcohol. Reapplied and secured it. I haven't turned on the pc yet as I need an optical drive still but I was wondering if I hurt the CPU or lost some sort of protection on the CPU by doing so? Also the cooler had thermal paste in between the thermal tubes cracks. I tried my best to remove it but failed.

Also is it ok if the wire management behind the mother board is tight when I replace the back case plate? Thanks guys. I'm just worried I messed it up, as I really wanted to do it in one shot?

Thanks

Comments

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

As long as you didn't get any paste on the underside of the cpu you should be fine. Also, what do you mean by tight when you replace the back case plate?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean the back of the mobo. I have all my cables tucked away, but when putting the panel back on I hade to force it shut. I have an older power supply it's not modular. So the cables are zip tied the best a could, I just had to use some force when replacing that panel.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

That should be fine as long as you are not pinching any cables, though the panel may remain bent.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

How do I know if their being pinched?

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

If you have to really force the panel on or if you visually see wires that looked pinched. If you send/link me a photo of the side where you did cable management I can tell you for sure if your pinching something off as well as give you advice on how to improve it.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

My last build works perfectly fine and I had to use a small amount of force to seat the side panel against the wires opposite the mobo mounting plate/tray. The key is "small amount of force". If it takes a large amount of force ur doing it rong. I routed all the extra wires into an unused drive bay at the bottom, works fine as far as I'm concerned. You don't have to leave all the extra wires stuffed in behind the mobo mounting plate/tray.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube