add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Make this any cheaper?

MukaMaka
  • 71 months ago

i would like to make this build cheaper, preferably without changing case. dont know if that is possible but any help would be useful. also if you see something i need to change that would be good as well. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/M79YmG

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What will you be using this for?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

oops sorry forgot to put it in. ill be using it for gaming, video editing and any programs i need in engineering school

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point
  • Corsair H100i: Not mandatory. If concerned about noise, aftermarket air cooling is more than sufficient.
  • Corsair RM750: Better quality and costs less. Seasonic SSR-750RM. And if the mail-in-rebate goes through, additional savings/bonus.
  • Faster memory, low profile and costs less: G.SKILL F3-1600C9D-16GAR
  • 71 months ago
  • 1 point

okay i looked for a different cooler. would a coolermaster hyper 212 evo do well?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Should be more than adequate. A common favourite. And since it uses standard 120mm fan, if you don't like it's noise characteristics, you just need to replace the fan with one to your liking.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

alright thanks for the input man

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The easiest way to make it cheaper would be to get a mid-tower case.

The H100i is not totally necessary but you could replace it with a coolermaster and get hyper 212evo and save 50 bucks.

You could probably find cheaper ram and psu but corsair stuff is amazing so its probably not worth switching.

Great build

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube