add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build - Budget Gaming

cogitoergognome
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BT43gs

• Can I make this any cheaper without sacrificing much performance? Maybe by buying some parts used (which parts don't really matter if they're new or used?)
  • I want the build to last at least 3-4 years while still being able to play newer games. That said, I don't play many new/graphics-intensive games (though that might just be because I'm super limited right now, having been using a laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics for the past four years...) I'd like to experience a high-settings Skyrim, for example.

Brand new to all of this. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

You could get RAM used as it usually has a lifetime warranty but I prefer to buy most parts new, if you have the budget, as you get the manufacturer guarantee/warranty. 8gb of RAM is plenty for gaming, however, you might want to add another stick in a few years time if you feel the need.

Personally, I would go with a WD Blue drive instead but the Seagate vs WD is all personal, there's nothing wrong with Seagate tbh. Also, you could go down the AMD route with the fx-6300 like so:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/rishabhchugh13/saved/yfzFf7

You might get a bit better performance in gaming due to the extra cores but you might not even notice the difference, depending on which games you play.

In the AMD build I made for you, I kept the case the same as that is all about personal preference but I changed the power supply to the 500W semi modular one by corsair as it will give you easier cable management. I would recommend getting 500W over 430W in case you want to make any future upgrades. If you don't want semi-modular, the same PSU is availabe in the non-modular version for $5 less.

I also put a different GPU in the parts list as this was the cheapest 270 so yeah.

With either build, as long as you keep the same main structure(CPU, amount of RAM - 8gb, type of GPU - R9 270 etc.), you can change which brand depending on whats cheaper at the time you buy.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube