add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please Help Me Make $100 Profit by Getting Rid of Extra CPU and Case.

vikingXcore
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/vikingXcore/saved/HWqBD3

Hi all! I don't know how to make the list pop up in its native format on here, but here is the URL to it. (any help would be appreciated).

So here's my dillema.

I decided to buy parts and build a computer back in April. Turns out, the H105 did not fit the case. I wasn't wild about using the case with the cd drive taking up the space for the ssd docker on top (why they didn't plan for this, i've no clue. sick case still anyways). So, I decided to buy the 450D. Then. when the rest of the parts came in, me being my naive self finally realized the socket type for the mobo and the CPU were different, so I bought a different CPU and kept the mobo thinking the mobo was of great quality (in retrospect, I hate the mobo i have, i should've just bought an LGA2011 mobo and stuck with the 4820K).

Now, after building the computer, I have a case and a CPU that i haven't RMA'd yet. I believe, IMO, that if I were to build another computer with good parts, It'd be easier to sell a computer than the computer component on craigslist or something. Get my drift? (Newegg already said they wouldn't RMA the CPU, the case I could RMA if I wanted).

This is the list I came up with. Note: not for me, I'm happy with my Tiny Tina, despite the mistakes I've made due to naivety. I want a cheap decent parts list with the requirement that the case and CPU have to be in it, and be able to sell it for $100-200 more than what it's worth to build. My budget is basically $900 for the rest of the parts needed for the build. SSD optional. Cheaper the better. I don't want to rip people off, but I do wanna get rid of the case and the CPU. Even if I just break even on the build is fine. Any advice on this would be great. I appreciate this community alot and have tried to learn all I can. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Since everyone's preference differs, generally easier to components rather than an entire system.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube