add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Prediction Processing Business Machine

joshmtodd
  • 71 months ago

I'm trying to build a sufficient solution for work. We will be building 4 of these PCs so I want to make sure we do it right. These will largely be used for day-to-day MS Office tools, but we will also be using this for a cellular antenna design software. We use this software to create basic building models and create signal propagation predictions ( http://www.ibwave.com/Products/iBwaveDesign.aspx ). On a laptop, these predictions can sometimes take several days. We had a desktop PC shipped in with a bit more capability and it cut down the prediction time, but I'm wanting to take it a step further.

Let me know which components you think we could improve upon or if we've got more than needed in a specific area. Being a work computer, the faster we process, the more productive we are, but we also need reliability. Trying to keep this under $2k a piece. Thanks for you help.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/joshmtodd/saved/Ws7p99

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Since you are using this computer for business I recommend you to switch the hard drive. That one is meant for casual writings for home. You should get a Western Digital BLACK SERIES or a Hitachi hard drive since they are made for businesses.

Besides that the parts are great for what you are going to use it. All the parts are reliable for 5 years minimum. That's about when most warranties start to run out.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I'll make the switch to the Black series.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on your workplace environment, the BitFenix Ronin case is not designed for noise control. You can consider models such as the Antec P100 at similar price range.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube