add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1.5K First Build, Some Concerns

mp1234
  • 71 months ago

Note: I'm in Canada Full Parts List

This is my first build and I have some concerns. I think I've checked everything to make sure everything is compatible and that the parts all fit the case, but I'm still pretty nervous.

Note: I chose the 850W PSU because I might want to overclock and/or add more stuff to the computer in the future. If I overclock I'll of course get a better (non-stock) HSF.

A double check that everything is compatible/fits would be great. Any further suggestions of any kind would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time :) Have an awesome day and good luck to you all!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

This is all compatible. It looks like the intel version of my AMD one. It's ok being nervous, and you can fit so much in that case.

This picture shows it being half full. http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/media/Blogs/how-to-build-a-pc/GPUs/9.png

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Oh wow! I didn't realize how big it was! Thanks for your help :)

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

Corsair HX850: If you have a preference for Corsair, following model is of better quality and lower cost, Corsair AX860

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll take it into consideration :) However, I'm getting that the AX860 is $200, and that the HX850 is $160 (with rebates) on Newegg.ca

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

There are others, re-branded Seasonic, that are cheaper even excluding the rebates. .e.g XFX P1-850B-BEFX

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I'll look into it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube