add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

~$2,200 build, would appreciate input

Bandit1379
  • 71 months ago

I've been planning out this build for about a month, talking with different people at different places, and doing a lot of reading and watching of things on my parts during my free time. I think I finally have the parts as I want them, and I hope to buy this weekend. However, if anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks a lot for any help!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm aware they are great cards, but I'm not switching off Nvidia, at least not now when G-sync is just starting to happen. Not to mention Shadowplay, PhysX, and my general familiarity with the software, Nvidia just has a lot of other features that appeal to me.

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

I was actually gonna say if you like those features go for it, but I thought of it while I was at the park with the kiddies. Im more of a bang vs. buck guy and hopefully when all the new GPUs come out Nvidia will drop the 780 prices.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Unless they cut back on production of the 780s making them hard enough to find, justifying a stay in price

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Also you think G-Sync is worth the stupid high price monitor you have to get ?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely. This is going to be the cheapest G-sync monitor available, and I really think G-sync is going to be worth it from everything I've heard of people who have used it. The high price is the only real downside, that and a tiny performance hit of a few frames that wont even matter because, with G-sync, as long as you have 30-60 frames you get super smooth frames, even if they aren't steady. Here's a good example in Star Citizen. Plus it's a 144hz monitor, so it looks great with G-sync off if you don't need it on in some games, and g-sync aside the monitor has great reviews.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh I like G-Sync, just not at this price. Also can't wait to play Star Citizen.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube