add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on these two lists...

bowenrs
  • 71 months ago

Hello all,

I'm a first-time builder, and I'm looking into building two different gaming rigs. I'm building one for myself and one for my sister. I'm not completely inept when it comes to computers, but I'm still new to building. I wanted to get some opinions on the two builds. Here are the questions I'm looking to have answered:

1. Do I have everything I need to build these computers? (no mouse on the first build, already have one)

2. Will both of these builds be reliable gaming rigs? (the first build will definitely need more power behind it)

Rig 1: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/bowenrs/saved/8hCD4D (games that will be played on it: Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, Grand Theft Auto 5, etc.)

Rig 2: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/bowenrs/saved/wLzkcf (games that will be played on it: The Sims 3, Minecraft, etc.)

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Both rigs are basically the same.

The first rig is definitely better mainly because the motherboard in the second rig is very poorly rated.

That's pretty bad case but its up to preference (your motherboard has usb 3.0 but your case does not)

For the first rig I would get another fan just to be safe. (god nocta fans are ugly)

If you remove the soundcard and buy a pair of $50 speakers it will sound 3x better then it would currently. I am not sure if you know this but you do not need a soundcard to have sound come out of your computer. Soundcards are made for music or videos editors who need the enhanced sound clarity. You motherboard has one built in that will sound just fine. Those speakers on the otherhand will not.

You have everything you need and should be able to play those games quite well. (not sure about GTA V because it's not out yet)

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

skiskate10,

Awesome. Thank you for your input. I will definitely utilize your suggestions.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

No problem

Your case design is totally up to you by the way. I was only recommending you get a newer one because you would not be able to use the front USB ports on that case.

I also just realized I sounded kinda harsh in my first post :P Sorry about that.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube