add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair 200R - What's The Catch?

TehEpicSquid10

65 months ago

I have 3 cases in mind for my build I am going to make soon:

The BitFenix Shinobi Windowed @ £60

The Corsair 200R Windowed @ £45

Or The Corsair 450D @ £90

I was going to go for the Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed, but I don't think the window will be too good, because of how small it is; so I had a look at the Corsair 450D. I like this case, especially the big window, but then a friend showed me that the Corsair 200R was half the price, and had pretty much exactly the same specs. Everything about the Corsair 200R seems great, except for the window seems quite small, and the front cooling surely won't be as good as the 450D (but the Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed has no side OR front cooling at all).

So what's the catch with the Corsair 200R? Or is it just a great priced case?

Also, how much of the motherboard, ram and graphic card(s) will you be able to see with the window on the Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed and the Corsair 200R, looking from about 45 degrees(ish) from the front? Is it just me, because the companies who make them surely can't be stupid enough to make a mistake like that.

Here is the build I will be using this with:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor £109.99 @ Amazon UK
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £24.25 @ Scan.co.uk
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard £99.78 @ Aria PC
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory £59.60 @ Ebuyer
Storage Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £56.39 @ Aria PC
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card £227.72 @ Scan.co.uk
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £67.98 @ Ebuyer
Optical Drive Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer £11.74 @ CCL Computers
Monitor ViewSonic VX2370Smh-LED 23.0" Monitor Purchased For £129.98
Other Windows 8.1 Pro Student £25.00
Other NOTE: THE MOBO MUST BE BOUGHT FROM ARIA PC (AS THIS IS THE ONLY SUPPLIER OF THE REV 4 VERSION IN THE UK) Purchased For £0.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available £872.42
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-24 21:13 BST+0100

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 2 points

NOTE: THE MOBO MUST BE BOUGHT FROM ARIA PC (AS THIS IS THE ONLY SUPPLIER OF THE REV 4 VERSION IN THE UK)

Amazon also sell the 4th revision. In fact, most top suppliers should.

The 200R is a quality case, there's no catch.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00545BZOG/?tag=pcp0f-21 On this link, it says in the title 'REV 1.0'. Is this incorrect?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

It is incorrect. Several people (including myself) have ordered this board and received the latest version. Though it wouldn't hurt to check with the supplier first.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for letting me know, I'll be buying it from Amazon then, as it is a couple of pounds cheaper :)

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/YQ8dnQ , have a look at the second pic. with the 200R you should be able to see the everything from the VRM to the RAM and pretty much top to bottom, but none of the cabling. Its just a well priced case.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the link to the picture - I didn't realize that you could actually see that much through the window!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube