add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Expert Help Double Check! :DD

thewill
  • 71 months ago
  • What do am going to use this for?

Mostly everyday things.. I don't mind playing games on med or low settings either ;D

Is it possible to make it a bit little cheaper? I don't want to spend anymore than this, if possible little less lol.. At first my budget was 500 last week then I lost some money then my budget was 400 then i lost some more money on the job and now its $300 :L :S I will be playing age of empires 2 but since its such a old game you pretty much don't need any gpu for it lol... i mean if thats all i was going to do with my build then i could probably get a $100 pc ;P O_o but i wanna something basic halfway goood...

Also, I will be adding another stick of ram in the future when i have more money..

So, i have $247.94(current budget) of parts to purchase still

(only buying from Amazon [used parts if possible].)

Any help Appreciated ;D thanks you!!!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor $119.97 @ Amazon
Motherboard MSI A55M-E33 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard $46.99 @ Amazon
Memory Kingston HyperX 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory $45.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive Purchased For $27.47
Case Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case Purchased For $23.99
Power Supply EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply $34.99 @ Amazon
Monitor Asus VS207D-P 19.5" Monitor Purchased For $73.00
Total
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available $372.40
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-07-24 22:52 EDT-0400

just order the hdd and case since that was all i could buy today..

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

i3 4150, saves you $5 and much better platform you can upgrade much higher than any amd system

This ram is $6 less and a little better... Lower latency which is good, but 1600mhz. Don't worry though, you won't notice that small difference. http://pcpartpicker.com/part/crucial-memory-blt4g3d1608dt1tx0

Grab a cheap h97 or z97 motherboard (that is a bit more expensive than what you chose, but has newer technology and much higher upgrade potential... And the few bucks saved earlier helps lower the difference. They start in the $80 range.

These changes give you a system with much better performance off the bat and alot higher potential if you decide to start upgrading parts later... This puts your total around $280 including that power supply. Your still under $300,but instead of saving you more money I increased the system capabilities to last you longer

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks man! ill look into this!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You should check out craigslist for your area. You can find some nice HP's with an i3 cpu for around $300, maybe less. When you get about $200 more post the PC specs and we can upgrade you to a GPU and some more ram.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube