add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Looking for a good case within the 100$ range

Hydr0Will

65 months ago

I need a case that will be easy to use for a first build.

Comments

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

BOOOOOOOOOM.....head just exploded due to so many different questions that effect the outcome.

1) what type of motherboard have you purchased/are you considering- the size of the motherboard effects what cases may be included/excluded (for example, ATX, MicroATX, etc.)

2) Do you want any particular features? A small Home Theater PC Case so that I can hide/store it with the rest of my home theater equipment. Or, would you like a massive case with a window so that you can light it up and show off your work in your office???

3) Do you have a particular Graphics Card in mind already? Sometimes, the higher end GPUs may be too long for some smaller cases.

Having said that, food for thought would be to start looking at some of the CoolerMaster cases particularly the HAF series which is designed for High Air Flow (hence, HAF series). Good solid dependable cases that have plenty of room for both components and fans to help keep your components cool.

Another idea may be to find particular components that you want (motherboard, GPU, etc.) and just pull those parts up here on PCPARTPICKER.COM- then pull up the completed builds and take a look at what cases other's have used to accommodate your chosen parts and see if they fit your budget.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jBYKK8 this is my build I don't need any special features just a case that will help make my first build easier

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Several things. First, I would recommend the FX 6300 CPU- 2 extra cores and it is also cheaper at the moment without being forced into an in store only purchase.

Also, I would suggest another motherboard (unless you are specifically aiming to use a micro ATX mobo). Your current selection limits you to only 8GB of RAM- so thinking about the future of your build and allowing for additional RAM expansion, maybe consider the ASUS M5A97 LE 2.0- also allows for additional storage if you want to add more hard drives.

Your Power Supply is nice, but is overkill. You could save a few dollars by downsizing to something around 450 or 500 watts.

Also, I would suggest some type of a CPU cooler- of the more effective ones would be the Hyper 212 EVO- usually only about $30-35 or so.

Now, down to the nitty-gritty.... your case. Even with a CPU cooler and your GPU, your case options are wide open. Having said that, I like your windowed case selection- my friend has it and the latched side panel does make it very easy to open up the case and make adjustments. However, the typical case that uses two or threw thumb screws is not that difficult to remove to get into. Being your first build, I would just recommend making sure that your potential case has a large enough "window" where the motherboard gets mounted to the case. This is to make it easier to mount any type of CPU cooler without having to completely remove the installed motherboard from the case. Also, I would suggest pulling up any reviews on any case that you consider to see how people comment on cable management- this will help you not only hide the unnecessary cables/ extra length, but it will also help the airflow within your case. Another point to consider within your potential case would be how many fan slots you would like it to have, to keep your components running cool.

Bottom line, my recommendation is that your case choice is too much for your first build. Although nice, it is more intended for those who want to continuously tweak the various settings on their rig. Understanding that this is your first rig (and not comprised of high end parts) I feel like your rig is intended to be a setup where you will set it aside and only use it and not continuously opening your case. Also, the windowed case tends to be for more flashy high end parts that are shown off with case lighting.

I still recommend something like the Cooler Master HAF case. It would save you some money as well.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Its really cold it's really cold her and I really only play a lot of Indie games should I still get a cpu fan?

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't really see your CPU running that hot. But, it also depends on how long you play those game in a single sitting. If it were me, I would spend the extra $30-35...just for the peace of mind. Just to make sure that you don't burn out your CPU and have to drop another $100 to replace it.

• 65 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds good to me thanks a lot

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube