add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PLeas help me with the price!

studerman1
  • 71 months ago

Is there any way to bring down the price but not loose the fps

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/studerman1/saved/gzVG3C

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

At this price try air cooling, switching to an i5 (maybe?), and using an hdd.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Switch to an I5 4690k, use air cooling, the stock cooler will suffice for awhile if you don't overclock. For the price you can get a PNY 240gb ssd optima (It's a little slower but its still fast enough) which will double your storage space while keeping it fast. Cut the power supply, what you have is overkill unless you plan on sli in the future. I cut it down to 1 8gb stick (I assume you will upgrade to 16gb in the future but it isn't needed right now). I didn't add a case or anything you didn't already have in the build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JvpkWZ

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Can the i5 be oc well?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Uh with liquid cooling yes, with air cooling probably not much if at all, with the stock cooler mines running fine at 3.9. The main difference between the I7 and I5 from what I understand is the hyper threading capability which really doesn't have an affect on gaming.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

okay I will probably go with your build thanks for the help

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

What is this build for? If it's gaming you don't need 16gb of ram, 8 is plenty. You also don't need hyperthreading for gaming so can swap to a 4690k. There are also cheaper mobos that do the job fine.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube