add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Catherine100
  • 71 months ago

Hey everyone! Would love to hear your opinion on my first build as I almost have enough to buy it! Yes! :D Opinions, suggestions and changes are welcome! Thank you! http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Catherine100/saved/WN448d

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi :) I've heard that the Corsair RAMs are quite tall, so you might have issues to fit your CPU cooler.

I'm not sure if you need a more powerful Power Supply too, maybe someone who is a little more wiser on PC builds than me, can help you on that.

But other than that, it looks really good!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

This is pretty much a response to kaare92's comment below.

While the RAM modules are quite tall, the two furthest (2 & 4) dual channel fittings can be used. If you'll be upgrading the RAM to 16GB (4x4) I'd suggest getting low profile RAM, however on a full ATX board I'd suspect that you'll have no issues.

550W is more than enough for this build, the actual usage will unlikely exceed about 420W. However, future expansion for SLI or a 780 etc. will require an upgrade of the PSU.

One thing I would suggest, should you have the budget, is to upgrade from 120SSD to AT LEAST 240. I build my PC with a 240 SSD and a 3TB media drive just 2-3 months ago, and it's already full. Once you get a few modern steam games on there, with a few applications it'll fill up in no time.

Alternatively, and also what I'll be doing, you could drop more SSD's in ad-hoc should you need them.

Nice build, great parts. Good luck and most importantly - HAVE FUN!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube