add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build for running Adobe Creative Cloud and working with 4k video files - all comments appreciated

AustinJessup
  • 71 months ago

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VtnBGX

I'm looking to build a pc primarily for running the Adobe creative cloud and working with 4K files out of a Panasonic Gh4. The most I can find in the way of guidance is:

• i7
  • 16GB ram minimum
  • 7200rpm 3.5in HDD
  • 2GB to 4 GB geforce card (for use with the mercury playback engine)

I've put together the most budget friendly build I could manage, but this is my first time trying it out so all feedback is welcome and appreciated. If there are any areas where cost could be saved without sacrificing significant performance it would be very helpful to know. Similarly if there are any issues with the build that wouldn't be apparent to a newcomer like myself please let me know.

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

gtx 660 does 4k ?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

also i read it has a 450 watt minimum power supply

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Not really going to be working in 4k but dropping 4k files into a 1080 timeline. Would that consideration with a 4k capable video card only be an issue if I was trying to output at 4k and view with a 4k monitor?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

if you viewing with a 4k monitor i think you will have an issue, im sure ill hear about it if im wrong on here haha... a gtx 760 was the cheapest card i found that was 4k ready did look super hard though

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks a ton for you're input! I'm definitely not springing for a 4k monitor anytime soon so if that's the main issue I feel comfortable with the 660

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh thank you for that I meant to have that updated to 600W

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Updated to include 600w psu

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube