add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1200 dollar gaming/video editing pc

CerebralSkillz
  • 71 months ago

Im a first pc builder so i may have messed some stuff up i did a bunch of research and this what i came up with my budget is 1200$ so its not the best budget also i am a small YouTuber so this will be used for gaming and video editing and i plan to overclock just about everything so please help me out im here to learn from the community also i will be finalizing and buying everything for this build in December of 2014 so i have a bit of time to change stuff if needed also im obsessed with stuff being fast so if there are any faster better parts let me know here is what i have so far http://pcpartpicker.com/user/CerebralSkillz/saved/hyCFf7

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Systems > Troubleshooting" to "Systems > Part List Opinions Wanted".

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You're going to need a 600w power supply for the i7 and 4GB graphics card. if you want to overclock I'd go 650w. cause you're going to need fans. I also would recommend this sapphire Radeon R9 270X 4GB Dual-X http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-1003644gl It will handle anything you throw at it and will cost you $70.00 less.

Also I would just get the http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f32133c9d8gxl ripjaw (2x4GB) DDR3-2133 RAM sticks as you won't notice but a tiny difference in speed, and save tons of money.

Your build looks good but needlessly expensive for the stats you have. Unless you are doing graphic design while playing 2 games magically at the same time you are not going to ever use 16 gb's of RAM.

I would also like to say you should look at AMD processors if you're willing I'd help.

If you aren't looking to save any money and still have a kickass system, then keep what you got, but it's overpriced.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the info as for ram will i really not be able to see a difference and i wanted a i7-4790k because it runs at 4.0ghz and i was gonna try to over clock to get 4.8 and im willing to take a look at amd but fromw hat ive seen intel is just better

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The i7 is better if you can afford it get it. If you can't afford it then the 8core amd chips will probably help you more than an i5 in video editing. Any of these should run games just fine for a while. Do you live near enough to a Microcenter to pick that cpu up in store? If so, look at their cpu mobo combo deals, might save you a bit.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks and for the rest of the build do you think everything looks good or should anything else be changed

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

working on a parts list for you as we speak

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks look forward to it

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

OK, so this is what I came up with. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cMBRYJ

RAM- Changed to this g-skill 2133 cs9. It's a great deal. I would probably start with 8gb unless you plan to do alot of heavy editing and just know your going to need more. There's enough room left in the budget for 2 of these sets.

SSD- Dropped the kingston drive, trust me theres issues with this one. Added the new Crucial MX100.

GPU- R9 280x. Cheaper than the gtx 760 you initially picked and performs closer to the gtx 770.

PSU- Bigger, all around better psu. Much more expensive, but it will be more reliable and you need some room here for overclocks. This should do just fine.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks but i kind of do a lot of video editing and one the reasons i picked 16gb ram so in future i wouldn't have to get rid of these just buy more as for the graphics card i looked it up and some benchmarks dosnt really seem u to standard the R9-290 seems to be really good it outperforms the gtx-770 and sorry this is my first build what is psu and the graphics card seems to be to big for the case

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xNX7GX

I said the 280X is close to the 770, didn't say it would beat it. But its alot better than the 760 you initially chose, and cheaper. A 290 will cost quite a bit more and if i could have fit it into this build without scrificing other hardware I would have. You could switch to an AMD processor and probably fit in it the budget that way.

PSU stands for power supply unit.

The graphics card should fit when you remove the middle hdd bay in the case.

I just changed the ram back, I doubt you'll really need 32 gb of ram but now if you want it you can have it lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube