add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
reaganbrice
  • 71 months ago

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/reaganbrice/saved/MvX2FT

I've been playing with this and it's grown legs, just want to know if I'm going overkill with the processor with the GTX 770? Would I be better off just going for the i5?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're just gaming, the i5 is enough. If you're stretching towards any intensive editing like 3D work, image or video, the i7 would be great here. (Along with 16GB RAM)

Oh, you will most likely not need the Hybrid drive, since you have an SSD. A regular hard drive will be fine to store anything.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. With regards to the RAM, is 2133MHz an issue? Would I be better going with 1866 for simplicity?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

You will most likely not notice a difference in gaming between those speeds. Either one is fine although be sure to choose RAM with a CAS Latency of 9 or below however. (Simply because its faster)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube